In Major League Baseball, the subject of hormones, steroids and performance have been the subject of significant debate. The controversy behind the substances questions these hormones ability to go beyond just pumping up muscles.
The question evolves into what is the definition of one athlete being more superior to the next. What drives the power of one athlete to drive a home run over 350 feet than another batter to hit the ball 6-feet in front of home plate? Certain professional athletes are natural-born performers while other use substances to improve their ability and talents.
While the controversy surrounding baseball players and other athletes settles work-out enthusiasts should understand how hormones and steroids work. Review the following fast facts on human growth supplements:
• Physical fitness enhancing substances affect muscle strength, oxygenation, endurance and the ability to pump blood.
• Performance enhancers go by the aliases of juice, andro, roids, and stacks.
• Physical drug enhancements are not categorized conventionally
• Although anabolic steroids and growth hormone are not always prescribed if medication script they fit the profile of drugs which should be taken by the advice of a physician.
• Certain HGH (human growth hormone products) and steroids are deemed as designer compounds.
• Fitness buffs and amateur bodybuilders use performance-enhancing drugs or dietary supplements to improve their physical ability, to develop muscles and enhance muscular toning.
• The benefits of growth hormones (HGH) and steroids is usually prescribed for people who suffer from certain deficiency diseases.
• Androstenedione, DHEAS and testosterone are naturally produced by the body.
• Even though androstenedione and DHEAS are precursors for testosterone, they are developed by both the reproductive organs and adrenal glands.
• The side events associated with properly prescribed, low doses of anabolic-androgenic steroids include; mood swings, fatigue, impaired libido/sexual function and diminished muscle tone.